Monday, August 20, 2007

Best Weekend EVER!!!




WOW! I mean seriously my weekend was the best weekend ever! EVER!

Not only was it a three day weekend, but I got to do so many fun things!

First of all on Saturday Dorise, Desiree, Jeremy and I went to SLC to go to Caputos and have some lunch. We first wandered the Farmers Market there, which I had never been to. I got the BEST dried Cherries! They are SO perfect for my pie I plan to make for Thanksgiving. I hope I got enough. They are really tart and soft, once I cook them with my Kirsh and frozen cherries, its going to be perfect. I will make a "trial" pie soon.
Then we had lunch, I had the Hummus Sandwich and the Lentil soup. YUMMO, it was great and I have been craving it since. I think I will try to recreate that sandwich with the Herb Foccia and I will need to get some new Tahini as mine is old and a little to "pasty." I think I will make that this weekend or during the week for a tasty work snack.
At Caputos I got some new Olive Oil, I went with the unfiltered and its so fruity and good! I also got some random things, Lentils, Farro, Parm, Tomato Paste, Sundried Tomato's and OF COURSE my favorite Chocolates! I have actually shown restraint and only had one since we went. I am going to make them last longer this time.
We REALLY had a fun day!

SUPERBAD!!!!!!!!! I went and saw this with Brad, Brett, Lissy and Jeremy. HOLY COW I thought I would die I was laughing so hard. People have said better than "Knocked Up" but I don't think I agree with that. I would say EQUAL to Knocked Up however very different. Superbad was just non stop laughs- SO SO SO good. I loved every minute of it. It was great and SO fun.

ECLIPSE!!!!!!! Oh my lord, that was the best book EVER. Stephenie Meyer- WOW is all I have to say. Rarely does a book pull me in like that one did. A book where you never want it to end, you are transported as if you are right there. As if you are Bella and experiencing everything with her. I never wanted to leave, I wanted to be Bella. I don't think I will survive until Book 4. I really think I will nerd it up next year and take the day off to read it that day, I cant wait.
However, I am a little disappointed that it will be from Edwards POV since I want the book to CONTINUE- not start at the beginning. I want to see what will happen. I am going to have some real issues if I don't get "Closure" on this series. I dont want to ruin anything so come talk to me if you have read it, I am anxious to discuss it with you!!

If you haven't read these books and have been on another planet or something, YOU HAVE TO READ THEM. You wont be disappointed, they are fantastic! Here is a link to her site- however her site is not THAT great but there the first chapter in Midnight Sun there!!!

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/index.html



Jen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha! We had similar posts! It was a great Saturday. Although my blog sounds resentful. It's strictly for comical value!