Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Tonight I become a MAN!"


OK- so in our house we don't watch sports as we could all give a crap about them. We don't hike, or basically do anything outdoors much. We are not "Outdoor-sy!"

Instead we wait in long lines frequently. We are line squatters. We wait in line for everything! We LOVE to wait hours for movies. We love to wait hours for new gaming systems. I even waited in line for Pokemon cards for Brad back in the day. Once the boys and I stood in line for 5 hours for DONUTS! The day Krispy Kreme opened the 4 of us waited in line. Its fun, Taylor amuses us with impersonations and we all have a great time!

Well last night the torch was passed. Brad waited in line for 6 hours for a video game. He had the best time ever! He loved it. He came in 3rd in the Halo tournament, he would have been first except he accidentally blew himself up. He got all kinds of free nerd gear stuff from the store. This is how he put the experience- and these are Brads words mind you! I can't make this stuff up!

"All my life up until this point I have been a boy- TONIGHT I become a MAN!"

ummmmm I wondered silently how he was going to become a man with his video game? Ughhh I don't want to know!!!

While he was in line, Alex and Taylor were texting him for updates. They couldn't wait for him to get back and share his loot! Alex and Taylor watched the "Countdown to Halo 3" on G4. They even started squealing..............TEN! NINE! EIGHT! SEVEN! SIX! FIVE! FOUR! THREE! TWO! ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh Taylor starts screaming!!!!!!! Ok, on New Years we are in bed before midnight, but wow a new game comes out and it's like they are on crack!!!!!!

Of course at midnight Brad had to play right away. I went to bed and when I got up he was passed out sideways on Alex's bed. Like it took all his strength to just get that far. I closed the door and went to work.

OK- so some may say what kind of parent am I? I let my kids miss school because they had "Halo-nitis." Well screw you I say! Someday my kids will look back on that and smile. These are the things in life kids remember. "My Mom let me miss school for Halo 3 when it came out!" Not, "My mom and I sat down and made macrame plant holders and bonded!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. That's really something. Halo 3. I hate waiting in lines. I like lines with chairs though.

Kris said...

That was hilarious! Jas and I would totally let our kids stay home too.