Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Fall!


Today REALLY feels like Fall! I am LOVING it! I can smell Fall in the air, and in my opinion there is NO better season!

I love the nip in the air. The crunch of the leaves. The pumpkins!!! I go crazy over seeing Pumpkins, I think they are the best looking thing about Fall! I almost wore a sweater today!!! Glad I didn't but I thought about it!

SOUP! Its that time of the year that you can make soup and cozy up with it. It doesn't taste as good in the Summer. Soup is a Fall/Winter food. I love it!!!!! I think I will kick off Fall this week with a pot of my Harvest Lentils I got at Caputos! They are all the colors of Fall and SO cute. Plus I love Lentils. I wonder........does EVERYONE love Lentils or is that a strange thing to a lot of people? Kinda like Split Pea, in my opinion its DELICIOUS however a lot of people won't even give it a chance. No one wants to give the split pea the respect it deserves!!! I wonder if the lentil has that same issue? Is it sad because its not as popular a legume as a Pinto Bean?

I made Salsa like Dorise! Mine doesn't taste the same however it is good. I think I got too carried away with the peppers as the after burn is quite strong. Its good though and the kids really like it. I may make some more if there is time left this year.



MELON DAYS!!!!!!!!!! Ok People.............enough with the jealousy! I know you are all jealous that I am going to "Melon Days" in Green River on Saturday. CALM YOURSELVES! NO, NO I will not bring you all. If you want the EXCITEMENT and ACTION PACKED adventure that Melon Days provides then go yourself!!!!! If you want the scenic BEAUTY of the lush, green and beautiful city of Green River then you can go to!!

Melon Days is absolutely the most corny and pathetic Summer tradition there is in the whole state of Utah! I mean, REALLY it is pathetic! There is however all you can eat FREE MELON of all kinds and of course my favorite FUNNEL CAKES! I eat so much my ass will need a NEW zip code...........not just its own, but ANOTHER zip code on top of its own! Its going to be a TWO zip code butt!

They have a parade..........basically anyone in town that wants to drives down the street. ANYONE, even old people and their Rascals. Then there is the STUNNING "Miss Melon Days" being TOWED behind a tractor. Apparently is the person who most resembles a melon. Last years "Miss Melon Days" had a three zip code booty. I kid you not.

Then NOT TO BE MISSED is the "Town Dance"!!!!!!! This takes place at the park and its quite the HO-Down!!! And by HO I mean all the teenage girls and meth addicts in the town- Brett's cousins are quite PRETTY ;) Those cute Mullet Headed toothless inmates! I cant wait for them to rob me...........er see them!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its GLORIOUS!!!!! Maybe I will post pictures next week!!!

No comments: